Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Better late than never!

Welcome to Blogtoberfest! Yes I know, I missed yesterday! I was still trying to decide if it was something I could actually commit to! I mean some months I am lucky to post once a week let alone every day! But I am here and I am ready to give it a go. I think it might be just the motivation I need to get back into my blog.

 

Lots of sewing happening here lately! I have finally taken the plunge and decided to have a market stall at a handmade market at the end of November. I am a little scared and overwhelmed by it all but also very excited that it is actually happening!

 

This past week I have been concentrating on bibs made from recycled denim jeans! You know that pile of jeans you keep because “I might need to wear them to paint the house one day” or “one day I will fit them again”. Well I had SEVEN pairs in my pile and I didn’t want to keep them for just in case anymore but I didn’t want to throw them out either so inspired by all the clothing refashions and recycling I see around on people blogs I decided to start making bib with them!

 

I am waiting on my snap press so I can snap them, but I am happy with them so far. I have 2 sizes, small and large, and they will have adjustable necks so you don’t get that problem with the bib sitting lower than their top.

8 comments:

  1. wow LOVE the fabrics you ahve choosen Meika - they are very funky bibs!!! Cant wait to see all your other gorgeous creations.

    Fantastic that you have joined blogtoberfest too - cant wait to read everyones posts - I didnt join, but I must try and post more often too!

    Nic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the fancy stitching either side of the trim. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love them Meika! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work! Good thinking on the adjustable neck too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great. Welcome aboard the madness of blogging every day - should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bibs look great! I wish you the best of luck on the blogtoberfest, I'm lucky to post once a week to my blog so I will understand if you miss a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bibs look great! I wish you the best of luck on the blogtoberfest, I'm lucky to post once a week to my blog so I will understand if you miss a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great denim! It's amazing what you can make with old jeans. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails